Behind in Filing State or Federal Tax Returns?

Let Us Help Settle Your Unfiled Taxes

Many of our clients come to us with unfiled tax returns.

It’s common for taxpayers to avoid filing tax returns because they know they’ll owe more than they can afford to pay. In other cases, missing records, divorce, death of a spouse, death of their tax preparer, or serious illness can lead to failure to file. Others aren’t sure if (or how) they should report certain income, in result they do not file at all. Meanwhile, others do not file for political reasons.

We have seen it all, and this is for certain: one year of unfiled taxes tends to balloon into several, even for the most well-intentioned taxpayers.  And then bad things can happen to good people.

Whatever a person’s reason for getting behind, it’s important to note that regardless of whether you owe more taxes than you can pay or you expect a refund you must be up to date on unfiled tax returns. It is in your best financial and legal interest in the short and long term to always be filing tax returns efficiently. Determine how many unfiled years you have, and how much you owe the IRS.

You should consult TaxSolvers if you didn’t file because you can’t afford to pay expected back taxes or if you are concerned about unreported income on your tax returns.

We can advise you on the best course of action and assist you in amending any tax returns or making arrangements for any outstanding balances due. At TaxSolvers, we will not file any delinquent tax return without 1) helping you decide whether to file Married Filing Joint or Married Filing Separate, 2) completing all missing tax returns, and 3) knowing what the best resolution would be once all returns are prepared before filing any one return.